[pianotech] Chickering Grand Hammer Flanges?

Mike Spalding mike.spalding1 at frontier.com
Tue Jul 26 08:33:29 MDT 2011

Joe,

If you decide to go ahead with the annealing, I would strongly recommend
removing the screws first.  Steel and brass react very differently to
heat treating.  Whatever works for brass will do something different,
and probably unwanted, to the steel screws.  Sorry I don't have enough
knowledge/experience to predict exactly what.. hence my caution.

Mike