[pianotech] Taking pot shots

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 22 10:28:25 MST 2012

Ron said:
"Thank you Bill. Letters after names are greatly overrated, and not
indicative of what an individual knows or doesn't know, can do or not
do, or who and what they are.

And I'd like to second (or twelfth) Chucks point (which has been pointed
out many many times to no apparent result) that we don't all see the
same pianos or have the same customers. Here in Doo Dah, for instance, I
don't recall that I have ever, that's EVER tuned a Bechstein, or a
Seiler, or a Sauter. That makes me a third class citizen, I know, but we
work on what we have available, and it's never come up. I am eternally
grateful, however, that I don't have to attempt to patch up long dead
150 year old birdcage pianos to eat. My apologies and sympathies to
those that do. At least you get to see some absolutely gorgeous case
work that my local Gulbransens, Kimballs, Pooles, and other sundry
sub-instruments conspicuously lack.

Ron N PDQ, RSVP, BFD, KISS, YMMV"

Ron,
Now there's some "letters" I can deal with.<G>
Seriously, though, please tell me why you put forth the effort to put those
three letters after your name? I'm curious. I know, you don't bother to use
them in your "signature", and that's fine, for you, since everyone knows
who and what you are and about.<G> (A dedicated craftsman with little
tolerance for fools.<G> Takes one to know one.<G>)
Personally, I did it, so that I would be recognized by my peers, not to be
high-falutin', hoity toity.
Well, just asking.
Best,
Joe