[pianotech] mailman list

atrav27 at att.net atrav27 at att.net
Tue Jan 3 14:20:06 MST 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: Coleman, Jim
Folks, there is nothing political about whether this List survives or not. It is Inevitable  that it
will end as we know it.  Just like the wagon in the pioneer days, party lines, the dial telephone,
analog television and cell phones the size of a brick, the world/technology continues to move on.
================

Well, first, thanks for a free list, no real complaints here from the peanut section. 'Gift horse'
and all that.

But, I don't agree with the analogy of 'old tech', that sounds way too much like a Casio keyboard
salesman. "It NEVER goes out of tune! It's digital! It has 4000 sounds, listen you can make cow
mooooooo sounds!"
IMO it's ironic for acoustic piano techs to hammer technology for tech sake.

I wear leather shoes, wool sweaters, have stucco on my house, like steak cooked on fire but coffee
from a microwave. I love my digital camera, but also own a Tiki carved with a wooden mallet and my
watch may be electric- but it has hands. When I read a book I turn pages, but I bet I spend more
time reading online.
Some places need to be high tech, some don't. I don't want to watch videos in my car no matter how
modern that is, but I do want my doctor to get the machine that goes 'ping'.

This list is about communication and connection, and it works wonderfully for that. Personally I
don't want or need more tech in this area.

-Aron-