[pianotech] mailman list

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jan 5 08:38:26 MST 2012

On 1/5/2012 9:01 AM, David Skolnik wrote:

> I quoted RonN above because, to me, at the moment, the most insidious
> aspect of this issue is the 'seeming' lack of engagement by the
> admittedly few people in a position to respond. I understand that JIm C,
> Jim M, Paul B and Phil B aren't sitting home/office waiting to reply to
> each and every complaint that is posted, but the, perhaps unintended,
> message that gets conveyed is one of indifference, which I know, in my
> heart, is not the case.

And I'm getting very tired of repeating that our volunteers aren't the
problem. They have put themselves in a position of responsibility
without power in an attempt to help.The people with the real
responsibility and the real power to enforce (or ignore) anything are
the people who bought the HL package, and HL themselves.

> Reasonable or not, the expectations for the speed of
> communication are not what they were, even 10 or 20 years ago. Or
> probably even 1 month ago.

The Pony Express easily beat the current communication rate. The problem
isn't the speed of communication, but rather the willingness to do so in
some sort of meaningful manner.

> In addition to 'good people' working on the problem, there ought to be
> some evidence that there is at least one 'good person' whose
> responsibility resides in keeping the sheep fat n' happy, or at least
> not spooked.

I'd prefer something resembling the truth, that didn't look like just
another diversion.

No answers yet, except the cost of the thing, but I'm working on it...
Ron N