[pianotech] Locked piano

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 6 05:51:01 MST 2012

Hi William, Laura, Todd and anyone else who responded about the piano keys.
Thanks so much.  It looks like I 'm going to get some keys soon.

The lid is what was locked.  I could play the piano but couldn't unlock it in order to lift the lid.  That's what I found odd.  I guess they were trying to protect it from vandelism or part of it anyway lol.   I rebid for another school district last year and someone else bid lower I guess because I didn'tget it, but I kept the piano key which unlocked the black lock that goes over the key cover.  Is this key universal to these types of locks or was it for a certain brand of lock that the school district use on their pianos? It's a small brass color key that worked on all of their piano key cover locks.  Thanks again
Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com