[pianotech] removing ivories

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 19:48:43 MST 2012

Someone at this past annual convention mentioned doing your favorite method
of ivory removal, then tossing the ivories into a basin of warm water and a
bit of dishwasher soap. Said they come out really clean after they have
soaked a while. No scrubbing, scraping, or sanding needed. I think they
might tend to warp, but you can set something flat and heavy on them...or
perhaps clamp.

If Bill Monroe remembered all his stuff better, he would have already
chimed in with this info. He was sitting right next to me the whole time.
Shame on his forgetful memory.... ;-)

--
John Formsma, RPT
Blue Mountain, MS