[pianotech] Website update

Norman Cantrell normancantrell at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 11 19:11:48 MST 2012

Dear List
Some have expressed concern regarding a general lack of information about progress on the Higher Logic site.  We wanted to let you know that during the early part of December PTG sent four representatives to Washington, DC for a Higher Logic Symposium.  Those attending were Barbara Cassaday and Kathy Maxwell from the Home Office along with Phil Bondi and Paul Brown who have both served on the Electronic Communications Committee and currently serve as Regional Vice Presidents on the PTG Board of Directors.  The symposium was formatted similar to a PTG convention with several different class topics offered.  Our group split up and attended classes that interested them and this allowed the group to cover a broad range of topics.  Each has provided a written report after returning home from the symposium.  These reports will all be reviewed at the upcoming Mid Year Board meeting January 30 through February 1, 2012.
We continue to look at ways to improve the new website.  Our goal is to improve the discussion groups, increase the overall speed to load and improve the user experience.  In the mean time the Pianotech list will continue to operate but there are challenges to maintaining the servers which we foresee as having limitations.
Regards
Norman Cantrell, Secretary Treasurer