[pianotech] Website update

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Jan 11 20:45:15 MST 2012

On 01/11/2012 08:11 PM, Norman Cantrell wrote:
> Dear List
>
> Some have expressed concern regarding a general lack of information about progress on the Higher Logic site.  We
> wanted to let you know that during the early part of December PTG sent four representatives to Washington, DC for a
> Higher Logic Symposium.  Those attending were Barbara Cassaday and Kathy Maxwell from the Home Office along with Phil
> Bondi and Paul Brown who have both served on the Electronic Communications Committee and currently serve as Regional
> Vice Presidents on the PTG Board of Directors.  The symposium was formatted similar to a PTG convention with several
> different class topics offered.  Our group split up and attended classes that interested them and this allowed the
> group to cover a broad range of topics.  Each has provided a written report after returning home from the symposium.
>  These reports will all be reviewed at the upcoming Mid Year Board meeting January 30 through February 1, 2012.
>
> We continue to look at ways to improve the new website.  Our goal is to improve the discussion groups, increase the
> overall speed to load and improve the user experience.  In the mean time the Pianotech list will continue to operate
> but there are challenges to maintaining the servers which we foresee as having limitations.
>
> Regards
>
> Norman Cantrell, Secretary Treasurer

So... who - currently - maintains the servers - at PTG or another host.

If it is at PTG, then you might consider moving to another host that is a "shared" host - that would probably eliminate
the maintenance problems.

Also, if it is at a "shared" host then they are contracted to a high percentage (usually >= 99%) of "uptime" and
guaranteed backups plus continued service when their servers need upgrades.

Just sayin',
Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home&  Business user of Linux - 11 years