[pianotech] WNG jack don't come back no more, no more, no more.....

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Jan 19 06:55:41 MST 2012

On 1/19/2012 7:22 AM, David Stanwood wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> I've seen this problem w/WNG and attributed it to a rep spring that is
> too heavy a gauge for the hammer weight.

This makes a whole lot of sense. I've seen this situation in mechanisms
other than piano repetitions, where the spring rate is too high and the
adjustment is finessed at the limit of travel to try to make the thing
(almost) work. When a very small adjustment in the spring makes a much
bigger than it should difference in the reaction, this is a good indication.

Ron N