[pianotech] dues payment fiasco

Encore Pianos encorepianos at metrocast.net
Tue Jan 31 20:37:25 MST 2012

Ok, so I am going to do some venting now.  I just spent a frustrating 50
minutes trying to pay my dues, and by some miracle was finally able to
actually do so.  It only took me about 50 tries to log in, although my
username and password information were entered correctly.  It simply just
kept going around in circles and kept asking me for the same info on the
page I started with, again and again and again.  Searching for help with
this was the same frustrating, counterintuitive, and all but nonexistent
effort that it was a year ago - it is still the same broken piece of shit
software that it was when they introduced it and  nothing meaningful has
changed.  It still navigates like the software was written by a bunch of 12
year olds during recess - pretzel logic.

That this monstrosity continues in its present form is a shining testament
to the mediocrity of our leadership, where the only answer to our problems
are occasional platitudes and telling us that if we were wise and good
people, we would learn to love these shackles.  After all, they're just
doing it for our own good.

I wish that I believed that our present leadership is dealing with the
problems with Higher Idiotlogic software in a meaningful manner, or even
considers it important to make a serious, ongoing and ultimately
constructive effort to resolve the issues, and  actually make using it
something less excruciating than dragging your fingernails across a chalk
board.  Nor do I believe they will make the effort to move to something else
if the issues cannot be resolved, no matter how inferior the product is.
After a year of this, I have lost my faith in them.

Will Truitt