[pianotech] dowels and glue joints

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Thu Jun 21 14:12:01 MDT 2012

Hi, Larry

If the problem is from the expansion in different directions of the
dowel and the wood,
might it work to use a round rod of something which is not wood?

Of course, one could use something like brass rod, but then if someone
needed to
cut through the joint later, it might be troublesome. Perhaps something
like the polyethelene
which Bill Spurlock uses for his cauls and other tools? Does it come in
dowels?

Susan Kline