[pianotech] Was high and outside now silent pitch lowering

Duaine Hechler dahechler at att.net
Wed Oct 31 16:12:00 MDT 2012

On 10/31/2012 10:11 AM, paul bruesch wrote:
> Thanks Joe,
>
> <snip>
>
> I've never attempted a blind overpull, and don't plan to any time in the foreseeable future. Even after (only) 8 years
> at this I don't feel comfortable enough to try it.
>
> Paul Bruesch
> Stillwater, MN
Speaking of "blind overpull", I, for the life of me, don't understand how aural tuners come up with an overpull factor.
Especially, considering how much is constantly moving.

It just can't be "practice" and "repetition".

The only thing that makes sense to me, is that, that is why you HAVE to do multiple passes and constantly tweak.

Whereas, ETDs, like Cybertuner (that I have), calculate and adjust the amount on the fly to come out with an acceptable
tuning on the first pass.

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ - Tuning, Servicing & Rebuilding