[pianotech] stuck action

Dale Erwin erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Sep 4 19:13:32 MDT 2012

Gary

   As my Dad used to say"Frustratin.... ain't it?"
  Screw the bedding bolts up so they no longer touch the keybed. Then there is a bit of spring in the action frame. You may be able to push down on the balance rail and pull out at the same time. Other than that use a hammer and a punch and see if you can fracture the brackets and remove the action

Dale Erwin R.P.T.
Erwin's Piano Restoration Inc.
 Mason & Hamlin/Steinway/U.S. pianos
www.Erwinspiano.com