[pianotech] Curiously curvaceous repetition lever

Don Mannino donmannino at ca.rr.com
Mon Sep 24 21:50:56 MDT 2012

This is a very cool action.  I'd love to see it cleaned up and a few
different angles of photo.

Repetition spring is pulling down on the jack somehow, so it seems there
must be a cord on the jack, or maybe the spring has a right-angle hook on
the end connected to a hole in a knob at the lower front corner of the jack?
Need a different picture angle.

Looks like there are wippen helper springs at the back, screw adjustable.

The letoff screws are in an awkward spot to regulate, and also risk noise
when the hammer line settles down. It looks like the knuckle / jack
interface would just be meeting the spread line at letoff, so yes, it seems
that the friction at letoff would be very low.  Not always a good thing -
too little is as bad as too much, I think.

It would be fun to regulate this action, see what it can do.  But first, I
really want to get a vacuum with HEPA filter running on that thing . . . .

Thanks for posting this.  It's a new one on me, too.

Don Mannino