[pianotech] cracked/split jack birdseyes, etc.

Al Guecia/Allied PianoCraft alliedpianocraft at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 16 07:56:39 MST 2013

I have a Dremel drill press fixture that I have been using for years. Very accurate for this job.

Joe G, I thought I was the only one in the world using this method. Ive been doing this since the late 60's.

Al -
High Point, NC

On Feb 15, 2013, at 3:17 PM, Ron Nossaman <rnossaman at cox.net> wrote:

On 2/15/2013 1:03 PM, Susan Kline wrote:
> Joe, that's an extremely cute trick with the pin vise and the drill press.
> Thanks for sharing it!

I have a 0-1/4" chuck on a 3/8" shank that I've used forever for those little bits in the drill press. More versatile than a pin vise, and harder to lose. For me, that's a factor.

Or you can go to Micro-Mark and get a #81852 #59-1/8" chuck on a hex shank that will go in either your cordless screwdriver or drill press, for $11.50.

Lots of ways to skin this moose.
Ron N