[pianotech] Wim's B.S.

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 24 15:40:02 MST 2013

Wim said:
"Joe

You're not being fair to the RVP's much less the whole Board. The decision
they made was not an easy one. I'm sorry they didn't consult with you, much
less notified you personally, the minute they made this decision, but there
probably were other items that were more important. When you were on the
Board, weren't there decision the Board made that effected only a small
percentage of members that didn't get disseminated until you sent out the
RVP letter?

I don't understand your reluctance to use the myptg network, or give the
Google thing a try. Who would have thought that in the past 10 or 15 years
you learned how to use all sorts of new fanged devises, like a cell phone,
the Internet in general, communicate with other piano technicians via
Pianotec, and just recently you set up a web page. Those are all things we
had to learn how to use. Yet, now you seem to be so closed minded to learn
a new way of communicating, that you're considering dropping out of the rat
race.

Think about it, Joe, 15 years ago the only way we learned from each was
through the Journal, which came out once a month, at chapter meetings,
which in some cases only meet twice a year, and at annual seminars and
convention. Now we learn all sort of new things from all around the globe,
instantly. So you have to learn a new way of communicating with each other.
Isn't that what the PTG is al about: learning new ways of doing things? Are
you saying you don't want to learn new things?"

All,
Wim being his basic Political Junky got a reply to this, privately. I
decided that all of the rest of you don't need to hear me "bitching him
out".<G> Wim and I have been friends for a long time, so this is personal
with me. As is this B.S. with Newton's Creation! I'm Pissed and I'm going
to be very vocal...hopefully to those who deserve to be put on notice only.
Best
Joe

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain of the Tool Police