[pianotech] Knabe Screw

Arlie Rauch adarpub at midrivers.com
Sun Feb 24 17:19:44 MST 2013

This is the 52" model--nothing pinned to the keys.  So far I haven't replaced anything--I'm still evaluating, and I'm not planning to replace what doesn't need it.  This is not intended to be a complete rebuild.  The butts obviously need new leather, but otherwise they look fine.  I'm still figuring out how I will proceed with some aspects of the project.  The double hammer/damper flanges do not make things easier.  If I need parts, I will likely be in trouble, unless I can get my neighbor to make them (he could).  I do like the soft pedal assembly design.  And, I might add, the piano is very heavy for its size.
Arlie