[pianotech] real costs of running a listserv list

Rob McCall rob at mccallpiano.com
Wed Feb 27 13:24:10 MST 2013

Am I missing something?

The PTG wants to get rid of this list. They, like our very own government, don't really care what we want.  They have a big picture that will be "best" for us. And that's what they're going to implement. Of course, they decide this in a vacuum.

I for one, have paid enough to the PTG.  I'm not paying more money to belong or own this listserv, and I have a feeling that I'm not alone. If it's so cheap to operate, and that were the only criteria upon which keeping the listserv was judged, then they would keep it open.

They don't want to keep it open so that means there are other reasons.

The solution is simple.  Move over to the googlegroups for free.  It provides the same basic functionality (if not more), is quicker to my inbox, and is backed by a company that is not going away anytime soon.  Problem solved.  Political crap solved.

The only issue now is what do with the archives, or how to set them up.  Once that is resolved, I'm not looking back.

FWIW...

Regards,

Rob McCall

McCall Piano Service, LLC