[CAUT] William Wolfram (Mary's post)

Mark Cramer Cramer@BrandonU.ca
Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:36:27 -0600

Thanks for your timely and encouraging post Mary.

Many of us try to share and recieve technical advice, but we tend to stop
short of mentioning the fact "poor interpersonal skills" can undermine an
otherwise potentially succesfull career.

(there's a certain attendant in a local lumberyard I describe as having a
"career-limiting mouth" ;>)

Thanks also for illustrating that the "fact" these skills "can" be learned
and practiced.

(I will have to call a client this week and apologize for a spontaneous
comment I made about their piano. Ten minutes after the fact, replaying it
in my head, I realize it came out "a little different" than intended)  (my
"career-limiting mouth" in action!)

Some folk are "naturally gifted" with people skills, some with salesmanship,
while others possess uncanny technical or deductive skills.

The rest of us have to "work" at it.

So a "third thanks" Mary, for busting some persistent myths!

best regards,
Mark Cramer,
Brandon University