bass dampers

Jon Page jon.page@verizon.net
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 19:30:33 -0400

At 12:00 PM 08/23/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Terry,
>              I usually use tri-wedges through out the tenor section,  but
>there are some half peddling gains, to be had, using one flat and one tri
>wedge, down to about mid F.  Teble section I use flat sewn damper felt.
>I think I covered the subject fairly well in my Damper articals.
>Criteria.  mmmmmmmm Let me think.   Just experience, the customer and the
>piano.  I know not a very good answer.
>But always two wedges up to and past mid C.
>Roger

For any trichord felt placed on the front higher than C it must be short
in length and not protrude between the wires. Trichord on the front in
this area produces the majority of the 'whoosh' if not trimmed.

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jon.page@verizon.net
http://www.stanwoodpiano.com