pin tightner

Jon Page jonpage2001@mediaone.net
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:56:14 -0400

At 12:00 PM 10/17/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 10/17/01 10:47:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
>lesbart1@juno.com writes:
>>    Well, stupidly or not, I had already committed to come back. I think the
>>thing can be tightened up enough to be tuned.
>Again, Les, I think you owe it to yourself, and to the customer, to
>disassociate your self with this situation. It is onyl going tog et worse.
>You're going to spend more time than what your going to get paid for.
>The only way I would attempt to try to help this customer is if you got
>her to agree, in writing, that the pianos needs to be rebuilt at a cost of
>x number of dollars. Trying to do a little here and there, with existing
>parts that don't work, or are in bad shape, is not going to do her, or you
>any good.
>Good luck    Wim

I agree with Wim, don't make it your problem. She needs to address this
problem with the seller.

I have walked away from warranty work for a manufacturer because I realized
once I worked on it,
I would have to guarantee the results and longevity. A responsibility which
should be bourne
by the dealer/man'f'r.

This sounds like a warranty/guarantee issue and your involvement should
only be advisory.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.