Steinway parts dept.was Shaft from Schaff

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:52:47 EDT

In a message dated 7/20/2002 1:15:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time, avery@ev1.net
writes:

> Subj:Re: Shaft from Schaff on Piano Gold Paint
> Date:7/20/2002 1:15:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:avery@ev1.net">avery@ev1.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>       Avery

       You know before Glory retired she got so obstinate and cranky she
screwed up my account over a hinge they sent to me that was damaged upon
receipt. Glory sent me a note basically called me a liar (my interpretation)
saying that I had returned the long hinge damaged even  though I sent a note
documenting its damage upon receipt. Blah blah blah. I finally gave up trying
to order much as they then wouldn't send me merchandise because I hadn't paid
for the hinge they damaged even though I returned it. Makes your head spin. I
was reduced to C.O.D.s
     Finally one day I get Shannon Rebel On the phone (new kid on block & new
best friend at the Outfit) explain the sordid tale She says "I'm here to
straighten out accounts exactly like yours." Poof I'm back on account and I
get no more notes from accounting and I think they put glory out to pasture.
Sad cause I had good repair with Glory for years.
      Shannon has a can do attitude and will work for you but I can tell you
I think she's overworked in an understaffed dept. but still doing a great
job. If I call or fax an order I don't wonder if or when I'll get it. My
orders usually show up 5 days after I place them. How's that for service?
    If your really stuck try Eric Shandall. He's a long time acquaintance and
he puts a good face on  techno support.
          Dale Erwin