Adjusting dampers to tray

Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre baldwin@mta-01.sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:30:07 -0600

Hi Kevin,
               The approach that I use in the field if I am without my
damper timing Jig, and using the tray to regulate timing.

1. Draw a horizontal pencil line across the end sample hammers of each
section, at half the blow distance, down from the crown.
2. Keep adjusting the pedal nut until the damper just starts to move, as
the  line becomes level with the adjacent hammer crown.
3. Remove action and re position the damper wire in the underlever.
4. Reinstall action and check timing.
5. Pay close attention to the tips of wedge damper felt for  clearance of
all strings, trim tips as required.
6. If you are happy with results, remove action and do the rest of the
dampers to samples.
7. Adjust sustenudo system.
8. Re adjust damper tray timing, there should be at least 1.5mm from the
bottom of the tray and the dags, and 1mm lost motion from the tray to the
under levers.

Hope this may help
Regards Roger

Roger