Tight wippen centers

Tue, 01 Apr 2003 18:11:29 +0200

Wimblees@aol.com wrote:

> There is no substitute for doing the job right in the first place. I
> have had several instances where I tried doing the easy thing, only to
> get burned. I have learned the hard way that the only method for
> eliminating sluggish action centers, and especially the wippen
> centers, is to repin. Yes, it's a little more time consuming, but if
> you tell the customer right from the start that the only way to fix
> the problem is to spend X number of dollars to make the repair, it
> will be done with, and you won't have to go back later to do it right.
> And that second time will cost you money.
>
> Wim

Wim, we agree 100 % on this one. This has been my experience as well.
The only thing I will add to centers now is teflon powder.... while
repinning. I just find that anything else is nearly always more trouble
then its worth, and at its very best a rather temporary solution.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.