Killer Octave Question

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 09:41:49 -0400

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "Ron Overs" <sec@overspianos.com.au>
Subject: Re: Killer Octave Question

SNIP

> Sure the long bridge will rotate backwards=20
> on its axis (from end to end) just slightly to accommodate the crown=20
> of the board, but it will be so minimal as to be insignificant.

Please try and clarify the above statement. Are you defining an axis =
going from the extreme treble end to the low tenor end of the long =
bridge? Then are you speaking of the two ends rotating backwards to meet =
the crowned board? I guess then one could speak of the killer octave =
area (or thereabouts) rotating forward if the the two ends are =
considered as reference points?

> The=20
> rib profile,  'stress in extreme fibre' and paring profile is where=20
> its at!

I'm trying to understand this statement. Rib profile - OK, the =
shape/curve of the rib. Stress in extreme fibre - what is that? Paring =
profile - totally lost on this one - what is that?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell