plastic keytop glue

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 21:49:46 -0800

Hi,Clyde! In my area there are plenty of pianos,where key tops were
replaced by amateurs or un-educated technicians. This work was done on
cheap key top material,without clamps!!!,in their garages with no
temperature control and without leaving them to dry overnight,forget
trimming or removing acess of wood materila to compensate for difference in
thickness between old ivory and new key tops made out of plastic.. It's
old,basic stuff. I think,most of our collegues will agree that total
replacement is the only way to do it right,no reason to economise. Good
luck! Merry Vhristmas! Isaac S.ohe