Rebuild estimates/bridge pins

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 21:51:50 -0800 (PST)

  A Rebuild Pricing Question:
1. When you are working on an estimate for a
rebuilding job, how do you decide before being able to
test bridge pins for tightness whether or not you will
be repinning the bridge?

The labor of repinning certainly adds to the cost of
the work and yet I can't see putting pliers on a few
pins (while they haven't seen your estimate and
decided to accept) and trying to see if they can be
pulled out.

Do you just figure that in anyway or give them two
prices based on some contingencies?

2. What are Kawai pinblocks like to duplicate? Any
labor increasing characteristics?  I have read that a
great pinblock to flange fit is not essential since
the bushings and plate bear the pull of the strings.

Thanks!

Bob Hull