Rebushing centers/mystery center pinning

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:01:54 +0100

Hi Robin,

Nice and informative posting. However I am a bit perplexed here. The
bushings in question are of the new Steinway type as I understand it.
And it has been stated that these employ a very dense bushing felt with
some kind of teflon impregnation.  If that is so, then it shouldnt be
necessarry to take steps aimed at dealing with too soft a bushing
felt... yes ?

Are you under the impression that these new Steinway bushings employ
inadequately densified bushings as delivered from the factory ?

Cheers
RicB