Help with "bad" tuning...need help

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 09:14:43 -0500

Hi James,

Would you be willing to post the text of your brochure, or maybe even the
Word document file?

Thanks,

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of James Grebe
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2004 9:01 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Help with "bad" tuning...need help

Hi Doug,
Yes, do go back and touch up the tuning.  Always explain before a pitch
raise that it is just the first of several tunings to raise the pitch and
stabilize the tuning.  Myself, I tell them on anything over 25% low is a
pitch raise now.  Another tuning in 2 weeks and then in 3 months.  I do not
do a pitch raise unless they thoroughly understand this.  I write my own
brochures and it explains all about the peculiarities of a pitch raised
piano and the expectations of such.  You will learn how to be firm and exude
confidence in your words with time and will come to not be afraid to speak
your truth of pianos and why they go out of tune.
Jim
James Grebe
Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
(314) 608-4137
WWW.JamesGrebe.com <http://www.JamesGrebe.com>
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010