lost customers

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 08:10:40 -0500

Peter, if you're losing '30-50 per year' and gaining '130' you have
nothing to worry about. Regardless of how you go about reminding your
clientelle about next service(assumimg you do), there are various sundry
reasons why people either do not use you anymore or do not tune their
piano on a regular basis. I use to take it personally, but I don't
anymore. My ratio of gain vs. loss is similar to yours, but I also do
contract work for a dealership which feeds me new pianos as well as all
of the referrals that come into the store.

My advice is to continue to do good work at a fair price, and the phone
will ring..and you might be surprised when the phone rings from a
long-lost client who hasn't serviced their piano since the last time you
were there. This happens to me alot.

Phil Bondi(Fl)