lost customers

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:03:39 -0500

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Aps322@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 7:49 AM
  Subject: lost customers

  I have wondered for a long time if there was a diplomatic way, and an =
effective way, to find out from customers you are sure switched to =
someone else, why they switched; if there is something I am doing that I =
should change, I would like to know so that I can improve my =
service.<SNIP>

  Peter,
      Quick story---Years ago I was helping my mover with a delivery, =
being newish and looking for clients I asked the lady  if she would like =
me to service the piano. Her reply was that she had a tuner for many =
years that she was quite happy with, then inquired as to my tuning fee. =
When my charge was the same as her tuners ,she decided to stay with her =
guy.
      I was shocked! If I had inadvertantly undercut this guy by 5 bucks =
he'd be out . Some loyalty!=20
      We all have many valued customers where this would never happen, =
but there is a segment of clients who view our services as they would =
the dry cleaner. Perceived better deal ?  Nuff said.
      As Mr. Yankee ,Phil Bondi has posted ---Don't take it personal --
      Tom Driscoll RPT
     =20