Tuning Appointment cancellations

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:09:19 -0500

Re: Tuning Appointment cancellationsOops! I see now how my post reads. I =
really didn't mean it that way at all. I meant that I don't go to the =
original appointment that they called to cancel - I don't mess with my =
customers like that! Besides, I need the money more than I need to pi$$ =
someone off!

This reminds me of one cancelled appointment I had a couple years back =
(cancelled with zero notice! - imagine that!). I went to this lady's =
home for a regular pre-scheduled service call and she answered the door =
all exasperated and teary-eyed - clearly major distress was in her life. =

As soon as she opened the door she said something like "I didn't know =
what to do - can we reschedule our tuning appointment? I didn't want to =
leave the house because I knew we had an appointment, but my husband =
just had a heart attack and was just rushed to the hospital. Do you mind =
if we do this another time?"

I handed her a business card, expressed my concern for her situation, =
told her to call me at her convenience, and to get the heck to the =
hospital - "can I drive you to the hospital?"

So, some folks just blow off a piano service appointment in a cavalier =
manner, and then there is the other end of the spectrum......

Terry Farrell

  Terry, you are very nasty.
  James Grebe

  "What do you do about tuning cancellations?"

      I thank them for cancelling ahead of time, see if we can =
reschedule, and then don't go to the appointment......

      Terry Farrell