You vs. Them

Tvak@aol.com Tvak@aol.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:25:24 EST

In a message dated 2/18/04 1:10:23 PM, cmpiano@comcast.net writes:

> I don't think I would send the letter.=A0 You can write it, but don't send=
=20
> it.
>=20

Well...too late.   Thanks for all the kind words, everyone.  =20

But, I ask again, how would you deal with this, I mean, while you're there,=20
haggling.   At a certain point, I just gave up.   The money's not worth the=20
hassle.   What would you all do?=20

BTW, here's the text of the letter.

Dear Marie: (real name)

I am not interested in working for any client who feels it is appropriate to=
=20
argue with me over the cost of my service.   My fees are lower than most oth=
er=20
piano technicians, something which you will find out next time you need your=
=20
piano serviced.

I have removed you from my client list.

Good luck with the organ.

That last line, about the organ, refers to her asking me to find someone for=
=20
her to service her organ.   (There's a straight line for ya...)  =20

As I left she called out through the door, "Don't forget to call me about th=
e=20
organ!"

Oh yeah, I'd like to give her a little advice about her organ...

Tom Sivak
Chicago