Rim protection when removing plate

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:07:50 -0300

Hi Warren,
I have used strips of vinyl flooring. The ends are cheap, possibly even free.
I suppose carpet ends would have a greater absorbency for shock.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Warren Fisher
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2005 4:13 PM
  Subject: Re: Rebuching keys with thin mortise

  Thanks Joe,
  But I have the cauls ordered from Spurlock.  I didn't know they had that size.  I vaguely remember seeing that rig once or twice before.  The main problem  is I hadn't done any rebuilding during the 15 years since I brought my partner into the business and the 4 years since I retired.  So it is just about like starting over.

  I have a question. How do you protect the inside of the rim while you are cycling the plate in and out. I have some ideas but would like to know what the consensus is on it.
  Thanks,
  Warren

  Warren Fisher- Navy Retired - Slidell, Louisiana
  98 2500 Dodge Cummins TD, DTT Auto, Smart Controller, E-Brake, ATF, EGT, and Boost gauges, Mag Hytec tranny and differential pans, Aux. tranny cooler, 4" exhaust, monster air filter, engine 125 hp upgrade.
  02 Titanium fiver 28E33, aerodynamic front end, 2-120W solr panls, Friendship 2000 invrtr,
  four Lifeline absorbed glass mat battries, Honda 5000 genset