Tuning

Mike Kurta mkurta at adelphia.net
Sun Jul 9 18:56:21 MDT 2006

    Hi David:
    There's another comparison which I use with customers.  We used to add up columns of numbers with paper and pencil.  Since calculators became commonplace yes, some still use their brain, but most make good use of today's technology.  I have no problem with letting electronics do the "heavy lifting" in tuning as long as the technician can evaluate the final tuning and correct any problems aurally.  Certainly there are proponents of both methods and strong feelings on each side and yes, aural tuning is still very much alive and well, but EDT's do have some interesting advantages.
    Mike Kurta