Key Bushing Method, was: Key flexing

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Jul 17 04:24:31 MDT 2006

My key bushing experience is limited to rebushing old keys with the original
key buttons using the Spurlock method. Unless I'm really too-pid, the only
way one is going to bush the center rail mortises on that type of key setup
is from the top. Now I realize you used new buttons and that is likely the
difference. Did you bush them before button installation? Did you bush from
the bottom? If so, why? What would be the advantage?

Don't you do anything the "proper way"? You know, the way the original
masters did it?   ;-)

Terry Farrell