American School of Piano Tuning

Wayne M. Williams wwilliams11 at nycap.rr.com
Tue Jul 25 15:12:25 MDT 2006

Dear Wayne,
I have been working on this Kranich and Bach piano for some time. I have two
nicknames for it:
1. Pandora's Box(in that every time you open it sometihing new goes wrong,
and
2. The piano from hell (self explantory)

I first leveled all the keys. Now the action no longer fits on them (or
lines up properly). I found some wiggling hammers and dampers. Tried to
replace them, but couls not find any parts to match. I guess I could rebush
them, but they are really "shot" and I would rather just replace them.

I chatted on the phone noted piano tech Dick Dante, He told me that a
Kranich and Bach needs to be completely restored in order to work properly.
On the other hand, the K+B grands are high quality intruments.  Go figure.

thank for writing back. Do you need any more tuners in Sydney? Let me know.

Regards,
Wayne