Kimball Console-broken damper rod hook

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Wed Jul 26 14:38:28 MDT 2006

> Try Schaff catalog page 107, No. 545 upper right column. Drive it in and
> bend it at the proper spot. A possible "field" repair is to use a nail
> and JB Weld it into place.
>
> Dave Davis, RPT

I've always wondered why people dink around with nails instead
of just buying a hundred of these things for about $4,
splitting the order with three other techs, and everyone will
have a lifetime supply. I've probably replaced a dozen or so
in 30 years, and only found one instance where the thing
wouldn't work because it was shorter than the original.

They make pretty good tooling locater pins too (even rivets),
if you're one of those (us) depraved souls who builds jigs and
such.

Ron N