Upright damper work - newbe....Thanks Terry

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jul 27 05:03:28 MDT 2006

Concert situation? Sure. But my point is that any piano where the player is trying to play well - and especially where the player is practicing and trying to improve his/her skills, IMHO, is a performance piano!

So even the Kimball console that little Suzie-Six-Year-Old plays is a performance piano because she is trying to play better. If the action centers are tight, if the key bushings are too loose, if the dampers are poorly regulated - Suzie's progress is going to be slowed. Nothing on her piano is broken, but it does need lots of fixing.

Terry Farrell