Compartmentizing

R.Moffatt & Sons Piano moffatt5 at telus.net
Fri Mar 31 23:48:24 MST 2006

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Joseph Garrett
  To: Jason Kanter
  Cc: pianotech
  Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 6:02 PM
  Subject: RE: Compartmentizing

  I don't think I've met a grand that needed any CA glue, that very instance. If it needs it, I schedule a time to do it. (Outside of my Regular Tuning Times.<G> Besides, I have found it to be better, if I use the APPROPRIATE GLUE, for repairs.....not CA.

  Best Regards,
  Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
  Captain, Tool Police
  Squares R I

   Joe,

     I wasn't going to bring this up, re: the " magic - fix everything, illustrious CA" but since I know I have at least you on this side.....I will !
    I went on a call to address a clients concern regarding an older S&S "M". It seemed simple enough. When he played with a tad of vigour,
    some  hammers were hitting the adjacent note. I go to his home, thinking at worst, I will be adjusting the unacorda travel. No way!!!!
    It turns out to be loose hammer flanges. Reposition the hammer, tighten the flange screw..done. No way!!! It turns out that the screws are "CA'D"
    to the flange. Reason?....All the screws were stripped in the dowel in the rail. I think of the logic(?) behind this but....well I give up.
    Same with the loose pedal screw. Has anyone heard of a lock washer?...or two nuts on the threaded rod tightened together? Won't come
    loose. Very frustrating,

    Ten Four,

    Bob

R.Moffatt & Sons