Business: getting and keeping customers

J W Stein musicnow at frontiernet.net
Sat Oct 7 13:04:04 MDT 2006

  Hi Fellow Tuners,

  I am new to the list, but not new to tuning.  I thought I would weigh in with my method of getting and keeping customers.

  Like someone else on this list,  I never leave a tuning without making the next appointment.  Though I tell the customer that it's not written in stone, it helps to serve as a reminder for me, and them.  Once we agree on date, I write it on the bill  ("Next Tuning / Service: _______________________________")

  When time approaches...usually a few days to a week before scheduled tuning, I call the customer and say something like.... "Hi, this is.... I was calling to confirm our appointment on ______________________).    I find this method easier than "cold" calling.   Most customers appreciate this way and almost all keep to the schedule.   Sometimes changes have to occur, but if so, we just reschedule right then and there for another date.

  Hope this makes it to the list and helps.

  Jon Stein

  Orange County, NY