E-mailing reminders (& Chickering)

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Tue Dec 18 16:24:16 MST 2007

Yes, I send one after every tuning appointment. It has a preprinted message,
"I sincerely appreciate the confidence you place in me by allowing me to
service your piano. Thank You So Very Much," and a blank space for a hand
written note, then my contact information across the bottom. It also has
just a head shot picture on the left. I try to include something in my hand
written note that is specific to that visit like, Enjoyed our talk about
cars, etc. That way it isn't quite so canned. The last couple of weeks the
note has been a Christmas greeting.

Just get the premium 28# or 32# ultra brite white paper and run them through
your printer. Lay out the card with the document in landscape mode. You can
put two cards side by side, that way two print on every piece of paper. Cut
the paper in half, fold it over and you've got a 4.25x5.5 size card. It will
fit into standard invitation envelopes available at Staples.  I run the
envelopes through the printer as well, using a logo looking return address
and a font that simulates handwriting for the mailing address. Less than 50
cents including postage for a very nice thank you to someone that has just
given me around $100. I'd say it was a pretty good ROI.

Attached are some low res images of what I do. If anyone would like a copy
of the Word Document these are in please email me off list.

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802