First Appointment

Robin Stevens pianobee at bigpond.com
Thu May 22 15:59:34 MDT 2008

I think a good number 13 question would be:

#13  Am I likely to be locked in the school/institution  when tuning there
late in the afternoon?

It happened to me while tuning at a school late in the afternoon. After the
students went home giving me a lovely peaceful tuning environment, no one
had remembered that I was in the music room. When leaving the room I was
confronted by 10 foot high locked gates everywhere I tried to get out.
Luckily I noticed a cleaner in the distance who let me out...on another
occasion I had the phone number of the Head master.... hmmmm!

Robin Stevens

South Australia

New Customer Questionnaire

1. Customer/Business Name
2. Contact Name & Phone
3. Mailing Address
4. Piano Type
5. Age
6. Last Tuned
7. Environment: Temperature & Humidity
8. Functional Problems
9. Special Needs (concert, tune to organ?)
10.  Driving Directions
11.  How did you hear about me?
12.  Is the piano locked?

#2 is important; sometimes one spouse will book the appt from work, and you
get to a locked gate or need directions and have no home phone # to call.

#8 is also good: "Oh, yeah, by the way, a whole octave doesn't play at all,
and the last guy said there were four broken strings."  That's what they
call for, not the tuning (usually).

--Cy--

ABQ, NM

TODD PIANO WORKS