[pianotech] MY.PTG.ORG egroups.

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 18:57:59 MDT 2011

Another option is going to a web forum software that doesn't work through
email. Users log in with a user name and password (done once with cookies
enabled on the same computer). Only users post. Spam goes bye-bye. (May not
be that simple, I know, but it's another option.)

Some of us don't like the new web forum for DISCUSSION. As Don M. said, and
I said before, it probably will work fine for inter-PTG stuff. But there are
better options for heavy discussion forums.

But I've already said the above, and there doesn't seem to be much movement
toward it.

So ... I'm going to subscribe to a forum based on who else is there. Right
now, it's Pianotech. I'd visit Pianoworld more often, but the quality of the
posts don't seem to be what I'm looking for. At least that's how it was in
the past. So I'm here for now.

John Formsma, RPT

--
JF