[CAUT] Wurlitzer Iron Pinblock - Anyone ever restring one of thesethings?

Clarence Zeches czeches at alltel.net
Fri Sep 12 18:08:31 MDT 2008

Years ago I had an upright with these pins.  I was going to restring it until I realized what the system was.  It was amazing that the tuning pins were very tight.  I think if you back out (down on a grand) the screw a little to loosen the tuning pin then put the new string in and do your normal wraps, then tighten the screw up again it will work.  The stringing would be like a normal string replacement with the tuning pin already in the piano.  I have no idea to the amount of time to restring one.

Clarence Zeches