Steinway bushings - verdigris

Ward & Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 07:10:51 -0500

(940) 691-6843 fax
TEAM2001 website: http://www.equaltemperament.com/PTG/

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Henry Kopek
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2000 1:13 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Steinway bushings - verdigris

Had excellent results in freeing up a very sluggish action by heating the
hammer flange pins with a soldering iron. My question to those who have done
this: How long can this freed-up condition be expected to last?
The owner plans to have this 81 year old S&S rebuilt in 3-4 years, so is
hoping to keep it going til then. My inspiration for the heat remedy came
from postings some time ago on this most informative list. Thanks & regards,
Henry Kopek, RPT Chicago Chapter