Busiest months

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 20:54:45 -0500

In the south.......... not all that much different, maybe a little less
contrast in month-to-month workload, but still the September to December
thing is busier than the rest of the year. Summer is the slowest. But then,
that's when I take a vacation AND go to the Annual PTG Convention, so a
little slowness at that time of year is A-OK. In the summer I'd rather
honker down in my shop and crank up the AC anyway and listen to Neil Young
and Nigel Kennedy serenade me!

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Lillico, RPT" <staytuned@idirect.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2000 10:55 AM
Subject: Busiest months

> Many businesses are seasonal and I guess piano service is no exception> Or
is it? I picture you southern folk doing a slow, modest pace year round. Up
here, with hot, humid summers and long, cold winters, 44% of my annual
income is earned in four months, September through December.

> Here is a percentage breakdown of monthly units tuned in the past two
years.

> Jan, 6.6%
> Feb, 8.5%
> Mar, 6.9%
> Apr, 8.5%
> May, 5.2%
> Jun, 7.2%
> Jul, 5.2%
> Aug, 8.0%
> Sep, 10.2%
> Oct, 7.8%
> Nov, 13.1%
> Dec, 12.8%.
>
> March can be full of surprises at times. In 1996 it was the second worst
month but the following year ranked #3. February can be unpredictable, too.
In 1966 it was dead last but ranked fourth in 2000, sending October skidding
to #8.