SV: Off to Iceland! (OT)

Carol Beigel carolrpt@hotmail.com
Mon, 08 Jan 2001 11:37:06 -0500

Sounds like this trip is going to be more interesting than I ever imagined!
Normally, here at home, I seldom cook or drink alcohol. I wait until I am on
vacation to sample the local cuisines; from freeze-dried-just-add-water
packets of powder in the Boundary Waters/Quetico to the memorable food and
wines of Venice and Paris.  I understand that "shark delicacy" is so putrid
that not even vultures, insects, rodents or any other living thing will eat
it!  Probably a few sips of that Black Death will make me forget to eat!  I
can just see it now, Carol's New Weight-Loss Program! However, the sipping
wine in the outdoor hot tubs looking at the Northern Lights sounds quite
appealing!

I am one of those people who really enjoy the differences in people's
customs, their food, money and bathrooms, and find it fascinating that no
matter where I travel in the world, I can never get a local weather
forcecast except the weather in Scotland!  I figure that if all else fails,
there are TWO MacDonalds in Reykjavik.

BTW, we will comb the Piano 300 exhibit for anything interesting!

Carol Beigel
Greenbelt, Maryland