Yamaha C7 Pinblock Fit

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:53:19 -0500

Hi Todd,

If you were so inclined, I suppose you could try to put in some 'wedges' of
some sort to take up the space.  I do have to wonder how practical that
would be or how well it would work.

Another option might be to pull the action, take off the lid, lay the thing
on it's top side and fill the void between plate and flange with epoxy.  (I
never did this one before, but it seems reasonable.  If you've done this
one, would you drop the tension, and if so, how far?  Just curious.?)

And of course, the other option, replace the pinblock.  Ya know what?  I'd
bet that for what they'd spend for the next year's tunings, they could have
the piano restrung with a new pinblock and a complete Dampp-Chaser system
installed for not much more money than just all those flippin' tunings.
How's that for a sales job??

I vote for a new pinblock.  'Course, what would you expect from someone who
likes making them??  :-)

Good luck,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA