How to go adjusting that fly in the window...

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:15:41 -0600

Baldwin taught us to remove the rails of regulating buttons and you have =
a clear shot at the jacks. Time spent removing and installing is less =
than working with the buttons in place.

Paul Chick
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Billbrpt@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, January 12, 2001 11:08 PM
  Subject: Re: How to go adjusting that fly in the window...

  In a message dated 1/12/01 10:57:36 PM Central Standard Time,=20
  btrout@desupernet.net (Brian Trout) writes:=20

    Any little secrets anyone has up their sleeve?=20

  I had two suggestions but I'm afraid Conrad beat me to both.  I =
narrowed the=20
  shank on my tool so that it is very thin to be able to fit in between =
the=20
  dowel type let off buttons that many actions have.=20

  Secondly, just as with the hammer line suggestion I had, depress the =
key or=20
  as Conrad said, tilt the jack so that the screw you need to reach =
becomes=20
  more easily accessible.  Even though you need to see it at rest to see =
if it=20
  is regulated properly, you can turn the screw in any other point of =
travel,=20
  then check it when it returns.  The difference between being exactly =
right=20
  and a little off is always just a tweak away, one way or the other.=20

  Bill Bremmer RPT=20
  Madison, Wisconsin=20